The Olympic closing ceremonies from Beijing were on a little late for the boys to watch so we decided to record it and watch it on Monday night and make it part of our Family Home Evening.
We started the evening eating stir-fry, rice, and noodles. We covered the ottoman and knelt on our pillows for dinner.
We even used chopsticks! The boys actually did a really great job using them.
Lucky often switched between a fork and the chopsticks.
I made fortune cookies for dessert. ***
Lucky wasn't sure what he was supposed to do with the paper.
We had our own Family Olympics.
We had a Hop on One Foot race.
Somersault competition. Lucky needed a little help with that one.
15 foot Dash. Here the boys are on their marks.
Rolling Race.I love this picture. It shows all of the boys' personalities. Ned is being the crazy 7 year old that he is. Dusty is about to sneeze because he was having some allergy issues, but still joining in on the fun and not complaining. Lucky is saying "cheese" as he always does when I pull out the camera. I have a hard time getting a natural smile from him.
The boys came up with some of their own events. I think Daddy liked these events the least.
Then we had the medal ceremony. Of course Ned won gold, but he was nice enough to let Dusty have it because Dusty LOVES yellow. They were all excited. Well, except Lucky, he had no idea what was going on.
He knew just what to do!Is it bad that my 2 year old knows how to make devil horns? :)
The boys thought it was cool to figure out how old they will be for the next summer Olympics. We look forward to cheering for the USA again in four years!
***I will post the recipe for the fortune cookies in the next few days. I almost posted the recipe but I had to tweak it a bit so I will make them again and show you how to do it. You're welcome! :)




17 comments:
What a cute idea! Will you share the recipe for those fortune cookies, they look yummy?!
In response to your comment on my blog...You better ask your husband first;)! They can for sure try on Maddie's!
What a great idea! I can I get that recipe for the fortune cookies. You really are one crafty girl. The kids looked like they enjoyed every min.
Mom, YOU ROCK!!! Fun party. Cinderella wants to know how to make fortune cookies. Send us your recipe.
Fun idea and cute pictures. It's a good thing I told you to make fortune cookies! :)
first of all, that looks like an awesome family home evening. i'm sure your kids loved it.
secondly, those fortune cookies look wonderful. i don't know what you mean when you say that they don't look good. you did a great job.
now i really feel like we are fuddy duddy parents. we need to plan something fun like that soon.
Oh my goodness! I can't believe you made the fortune cookies! That is awesome! Looks like they all had a lot of fun!!
I don't always make funny faces. at my age it is not easy sitting like that, it hurts. That was me trying to smile through the pain. although I did laugh at your link to a past post. Sooo, maybe you are right. You know we ought to turn that camera on you and see how you like it. . .
Very cool idea, it looks like so much fun.
Oh my gosh!!! I LOVE it!!! You are so creative! (must be why you're so great at scrapbooking as well). Thanks for sharing. I"m marking that one down in my books for 4 years from now :-)
Aw, so much fun. You are a cool mom. I love the Olympic games, especially the feet in daddy's face one.
Okay so are like the sweetest mom ever for doing do much for your children. What a fun time! Hope all is well...I'm missing everyone already!
I don't know you, but I enjoyed visiting your blog! Great to see you hold family home evenings. Way to go! Love the Chinese idea.
I'm a huge FHE fan and have an FHE group on the new and safe LDS Ladies Room at http://www.ourladiesroom.com/ if you want to check it out.
I also have a book give-away contest on my blog this week!
Looks like you all had so much fun. Did you participate in any of the races?? The fortune cookies loo great!
I love it! Wow what a fabulous Family Night. And I thought the cookies looked amazing. Can't wait to get the recipe.
Thanks for sharing your fun ideas. I've missed reading all about them.
You guys are so creative. I'm sure they totally loved that. And very impressive you made your own fortune cookies. Can't wait for the recipe:)
Syd can't look at your blog for weeks now...because she'll read about your awesome FHE and complain to me!!! How cool.
Ok, this officially makes you cool parents. And I want you to do a blog post on how you made the fortune cookies, so I can copy some of your coolness.
Post a Comment