July 2009- Dusty's prayers lately: "Thank you for Mommy so that I can lover her." He often thanks Heavenly Father for each person in the family that way. This boy sure loves others. He loves to cuddle with me while I lay on the couch. He often says, "Mommy, I love you and I love the baby in your belly."
May 2009- *For this entry we are going to pretend that Ned usually goes by Ed. Those of you that know his real name and what he usually goes by will get it (I think).*
We were in the car when Dusty said something where he was listing people that he was talking about and said Scrappy rather than Mommy when he listed me. Then he said, "Mommy, did you hear me say Scrappy?" I said, "Yes, Dusty. That is great that you know my real name."
From the back seat Ed said, "Do you know what Ed's real name is? Can you say Ned?"
Dusty said something, but it was not 'Ned' so Ed tried again, "Dusty, Can you say Nnn-Ed?"
Dusty said, "Nnnn-Ed" Then he said, "Ed, can you say Nnnn-Dusty?"
I thought it was so funny that because Dusty only hears Ned go by Ed and not Ned he does not understand that the N is part of Ned's name. He just thought that Ned was just adding the N part to the front for fun or something.
March 2009-For the past few months this has been Dusty's prayer each night:
Dear Heavenly Father, Thank you for this day. Thank you that we could have a lovely family. In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.
Then he immediately sits up and gives me a hug and a kiss. I think he says it because he said it once and got such a great response from me.
February 2009-"Mommy, when I turn into a daddy, can I do whatever I want?"
February 2009-Dusty asks, "Mommy, when is soon?" As in 'Dora the Explorer coming SOON to an arena near you.'
August 2008-Dusty is getting so big so fast. He started saying his name correctly (his real name, obviously) he has always said it with a T and he now says it with a K. He also started calling McDonald's by it's correct name instead of ExiDonalds (I have no idea where that came from). He is so proud of himself. I am too, but a little sad he is growing up so fast.
August 2008-I was reading The Spider and the Fly to Dusty one evening and he was annoyed that I kept explaining what each page meant in Dusty language. He would say, "I know, I already heard you." I guess he is smarter than I give him credit for.
The best part was at the end there is a little letter from Spider that I was reading to him. It is quite a bit longer than the other pages in the book. I was about 3/4 of the way through when he sighed loudly and said, "This is a long read!"
July 2008-When we were at Heber Valley Camp for our Dibb family reunion I took Dusty with me to get something out of the car. While we were walking alone together I said, "Dusty, I love you. I am so glad you are a part of our family, you make our family to fun."
Without hesitation he said, "Yeah, I'm the cutest!"
A few moments past and he said, "I loooooove being the cutest!"
Then, a few days later I said, curious what his response would be, "I love having you in our family."
He said, "Yeah, I am the bestest!"
June 1, 2008-Daddy has been working a lot lately and Dusty has been missing him so much. He asks every day, "What time is Daddy going to be home, when we are sleeping?"
Poor Dusty!
Well, this morning while getting ready for church he said, "I don't really like mommies, I only like daddies."
Poor Mommy!
Jan. 2008-Dusty had been sick for a few days. After he had been better for a few days we were playing around and I paused and said, "You feel better, don't you?"
He said, "No."
I asked, "Everything but. . . . .", wanting him to fill in the blank instead of me giving him ideas.
He said, "Um, allergies."
Poor kid. It's true, he is never all better, he always has those allergies!
Jan. 2008-"Ha ha, I burped out of my bum!"
Dec. 2007-I made friendship bread and Dusty was asking for some. He has never called it by it's correct name, I always thought he was saying 'french bread'. So when he asked for a piece I said,"Oh, you want some french bread?" He said, "No, say frunch." looking at me waiting for me to repeat. So I did, "Frunch." He then said, "Say bread." I said, "Bread." He, "Frunch Bread." I, "Frunch Bread."
He was satisfied, and let me proceed to get his Frunch Bread.
We have obviously been working on saying things correctly around here. I am always having him repeat things I say so that he will get it right.
Dec. 2007-Dusty calls Ice Cream A** Cream. Sounds similar, but are very different products. :)
September 2007-While riding in the car one night Dusty looked up and saw the full moon and said, "Look the moon is fixed, it not broken anymore".
June 2007-On a trip to Dallas for Daddy's work there was a semi behind us with a toothy, scary cover on it's front grill. Dusty thought it was real and that it was going to eat us. It did not help that Ned kept screaming, "Aaaah, it's going to eat us!"
May 2007-When Ned lost one of his teeth the tooth fairy put 50 cents under his pillow. Every day for weeks after that Dusty would say, "My teeth are hurting." Hoping that this would possibly gain sympathy points from the tooth fairy and he might find money under his own pillow too.
Summer 2006-Dusty was playing with the 'tummy-time' mat that we had for Lucky. I told him several times not to play with it. He would not stop and I finally yelled, "DUSTY!"
He stopped, tilted his head, dropped the toy and said, with a very innocent look on his face, "What we talkin' about?"
Now this is so much funnier if you have seen the movie Chicken Little, which Dusty happened to be obsessed with at the time.
Thursday, April 8, 2004
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment