Last Thursday was Ned and Dusty's first day of school. Ned started 2nd grade. Dusty started Pre-K. They have a 4 year program here that is basically like going to Kindergarten before Kindergarten. It is in the elementary school, but Dusty does not get to go to the same school as Ned. It is the luck of the draw which school they attend and Ned's school does not even have enough room to have a Pre-K class there anyway. So, Dusty is going to a school that is 10-15 minutes away from Ned's school and they both start at the same time. I think that will be the hardest thing for me this year. So far it has been fine, but I know I will start to get relaxed about the time I need to leave each morning. Wish me luck!
The boys were both so excited for school.
Ned thinks he is a pro since this is his 4th year.
His teacher has a system where the students earn fake money for work they do. The first two days of school Ned earned enough for a small toy and a piece of gum. Dusty saw the bag, looked at me with wide eyes, showed me the gum and said, "Can I have this?!"
I said, "No, sweetie. I'm sorry, that is Ned's."
Ned quickly turned around and said, "That's actually what I got it for."
I said, "You got it just for Dusty?"
He said, "Yeah, that's why I got that."
I was so touched. He is such a thoughtful brother.
The first full week of school both of the boys' schools has HOWDY week. For W they did Wild and Wacky hair day. I was actually glad that we had not had Ned's hair cut when we were making his hair wild. We used A LOT of hairspray.
Today was D for Decade. Ned dressed up as a 50's dude!
Dusty is having so much fun. I am so glad he has school this year. He really needs to feel like he is a part of something that is just for him. He always has a lot to say about school when he gets in the car each day. He says his favorite part of school is the snacks. He says they always sing songs before they eat.
He is learning so much. He is already learning from his fellow students. He came home the second day of school with a new trick he learned. He drank a Capri Sun and blew it back up and stomped on it. The straw went flying across the room. I have to admit that I thought it was pretty cool too and I let him do it for a while and let him show his older brother the trick when he got home from school. :)
El Guapo had last Thursday off for our 9th wedding anniversary and the first day of school. Well, he actually has most Thursdays off, but it was really great that it worked out that way last week. When we got home from dropping the older boys off El Guapo put Lucky to work cleaning the house. He had a great time being a big helper.
It hasn't been all work for Lucky though. He has had fun playing when his brothers aren't around.
We are all having a great time. I hope the excitement for school doesn't wear off too soon!




15 comments:
Aww, your boys are so cute! I love the curl on Ned's forehead, too funny. Dusty looked so cute the first day of school. Baby Morty will be jealous of Lucky playing "Tar Hedo"
Dusty looks like his uncle N! I never noticed that before. The pictures of Lucky playing the guitar are great!
Love the pics! Especially the wild hair. ;) Looks like you will be calling me next week. I love how sweet Ned is to his brother.
those pictures of the boys are adorable. i can't believe that you let dusty do his trick on the carpet! what a great mom.
the first days of school are always so exciting. i hope that my boys feel that way this year, with no going off to school but gathering around the dining room table.
Aww. They are just so cute! That top pic melts my heart. So sweet!
You are a nice mom!!! Bergen does that on the table with his capri suns and I'm always screaming, "Stop, you're getting juice everywhere." He argues that it's empty...but there are always little drips of sticky juice!!!
That first picture made tears come to my eyes. Such a tender moment. Love all of the pictures. Lucky is probably loving the time alone with mom and dad.
Thanks for the great post. The first day of school is always such a milestone, and I feel like I got to share it. What a sweet big brother Ned is.
I love Dusty's hair combed to the side! Holy cow he looks so grown up!
How fun!! Its always nice when they are excited to go to school. I love all the pics your kids are so cute.
jocie
Cute boys!!
Oh my gosh your boys look just like you guys. They are so cute! I am glad for school to start! It's nice. Hope you are all doing well!
I bet it's nice to just have one at home instead of three! Your boys are so cute!
We start school on Monday. I'm hoping it goes as well as yours has so far.
Your boys are darling!!!
Your children are the most well-behaved kids I have ever seen! My goodness! They are so sweet! You guys are such good parents!
Post a Comment