Lucky is in the hospital. As his doctor said: He is not in distress, but what we are doing is not working and we need to move in a different direction.
His lung was not responding to the antibiotic shots they were giving him. The x-ray of his lung on Wednesday was worse than the one on Monday. As far as I could tell, from his activity at home, he had been a lot better Tuesday morning, but had no change from Tuesday to Wednesday.
We are here for IV antibiotics. He did a great job when they put in his IV. He cried, but got over it pretty quickly. When they came a while later to draw some blood from the IV he got really nervous. The nurse told him that she was not going to poke him again, but I could tell he was still worried that it would hurt. Once she hooked the syringe up to the line and she started to suction the blood out he sighed and quietly said, "That feels fine."
They are having some problems with their prescription computer, so they have not actually started the meds yet. Which I am assuming means a longer stay for us since we have now been here for 5 hours with no medication yet.
I had a flight planned for tomorrow afternoon. My little sister is getting married in Utah this weekend and Buttercup and I were going to be there. We will not be going. I am sad about it, but I am happy to be here helping Lucky.
While typing this they came to get him for a chest x-ray. He is a pro at them now.
He is in great spirits. He is joking around and being very sweet. There was a little while earlier this evening that his fever was back and he was not so happy, but he is great now. He is watching Nemo and eating candy. What more could a kid ask for? :)
They just started the antibiotic drip (now 7 hours after we arrived). Let's pray that it does what it should.
I'll let you know tomorrow how things are going. And I'll post some pictures.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
We will miss you and know you are doing what is best. We hope that Lucky feel better very soon.
So Sorry to hear about your little guy! I don't comment on your blog often but I always check it when you update. You have such a cute family! We will definitely be keeping Lucky in our families thoughts and prayers. Your sister will understand and I am sure she would rather you be there taking care of her nephew...any aunt would! Keep us updated!
Oh, I'm so sorry you'll miss the wedding, but you're doing the right thing.
Oh no! Poor little man. And poor you! I am so sorry you have to miss your sister's wedding. That is a HUGE bummer.
I hope all goes well and he is out of the hospital in no time.
Post a Comment