Last Wednesday night Lucky started getting sick. It began with the complaint of a sore throat, then a high fever, then vomiting. By Friday night the vomiting stopped, but other symptoms like stomach and back pain started. We took him to urgent care and he was diagnosed with a double ear infection. Poor baby.
We got him on some antibiotics and things were looking up. Or so we thought. By Sunday night he was still not really eating and the fever was still going strong. The other symptoms were getting worse too.
We decided to take him to his regular pediatrician this morning and after a very long day at the hospital and a few tests it turned out that he has pneumonia. Poor, sad baby.
It is scary to hear that, but at the same time it was nice to have a correct diagnosis. I never felt like the double ear infection was right. I knew there was something else going on. I didn't realize the pneumonia was it, but once they said it everything made sense.
The doctor gave him an antibiotic shot. We will take him back in the morning to see if he needs another one and then get him on an oral antibiotic.
He is peacefully sleeping right now. His brothers just got home from school. Dusty pulled a candy cane out of his backpack and laid it on Lucky's blanket. So sweet. I hope Lucky is up rough-housing with his brothers again soon.
Monday, December 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
From all I have heard about urgent care, they aren't too reliable. So glad you received a good diagnosis and hope that Lucky is on the mend. He IS luck to have such great parents. I love your new masthead.
I hope Lucky is feeling better real soon. What a sweet brother Dusty was to give his candy cane to Lucky.
Awww. Poor baby! That is horrible. I hope he is feeling better by now. And at the very least, got it all out of the way by Christmas. ;)
So sad when the kiddies are sick! Saw on fb that he's still fighting the darn thing, so we'll pray him better and look forward to meeting you!
Post a Comment