Last night was pretty normal for Lucky. He slept well except when his fever was up. When his fever is up he is just miserable. His breathing becomes really shallow and he grunts with each breath. This morning he was acting great, but he has been that way the past few morning.
The doctor came in this morning to tell us that Lucky could possibly be coming home today. A pleasant surprise. He said that if he found that what he had was viral then there was nothing they could do in the hospital that we couldn't do at home. I was glad to hear that he might come home, but it also made me nervous to go home where there are no experts waiting right outside the room.
Well, the afternoon came and went and we hadn't heard anything. I left for a little while for some shopping to relieve some stress (didn't help) and when I called El Guapo to see how things were going he said that Lucky would need to spend another night. Then a while later El Guapo called to tell me that they were going to do another chest x-ray. He thinks that the x-ray looks better than the past few x-rays, so that's good. He ordered an ultrasound to be sure. The tech said she saw "a little bit of fluid". I don't know if that is good that there is only a little, or if the fact that there was any is bad. We will find out tomorrow if he needs surgery to drain the fluid.
I am sorry if none of this makes sense. I am exhausted and want to go to bed. I'm sure I will read over this in the morning and find plenty of mistakes. El Guapo is sleeping with Lucky tonight. I hope he gets more sleep than I did.
I'll let you know how things go tomorrow.
Good night.
Thursday, December 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
Still in our prayers! Thanks for the update!
Prayers and thoughts with you.
Wish we were closer so we could help.
xxoo
Gosh guys! I'm sorry it's been such a struggle. I hope he gets feeling better really soon. Won't it be the best Christmas ever when you can all just sit healthy and happy around the Christmas tree? And by the way, you probably didn't think so, but you're totally rocking that 12-day-of-Christmas challenge. There's nothing more Christian than the kind of care and concern you are expending on that child you love. :)
Aww. Prayers for you and for Lucky.
Post a Comment