First we unwrapped the old crayons.




Then broke them into smaller pieces. It was a little harder for some of us than others.


Put them in a muffin tin with liners.

Melted them in the oven (Dusty sat there for almost 20 minutes watching them melt).


When they were done cooling the boys unwrapped them and were thrilled with the results.


It was a very fun project for the Amigos and kept them busy for almost two hours, plus the time they spent coloring afterwards.




8 comments:
That is pretty cool! I've always wanted to try that too. Maybe we'll take up that project on Monday. Your pictures look cool too. I love the one of Lucky, that is too funny. Every child's dream to be allowed to break crayons :)
Great pictures! I used to do this with my preschool kids all the time, but haven't done it with my own kids. Maybe we will just for fun!
GREAT pictures and fun project!
What a good idea. I love the pictures you took.
What a great idea...you are such a fun Mom! Great pics too!
Hey You rock!(and so does you camera!)
Those crayons look like lots of fun!
Where do you come up with these awesome ideas?!?! I'm totally going to use that one someday!
i have always wanted to do this. my kids would love it and they look so cool. and heavens knows we have a bazillion crayons around here.
Post a Comment