Friday, August 14, 2009

I Love LIFE

Photobucket
El Guapo and I have been married for ten years. It is amazing how much life can change in just 10 years.

When I was a little girl I loved to play The Game of LIFE. I have never been very interested in board games, but one that you get married and have kids, that's my kind of game! I would even play it by myself, spinning the wheel over and over until I landed on the Getting Married, Baby Boy, Baby Girl, or Twins spaces (whew! glad that last one never happened in real life!) So, when I heard a song called The Song of LIFE on the kids radio station it immidiatly brought back memories and I thought it was a great theme song for me and El Guapo. I love El Guapo and I am glad he is the little blue peg sitting next to me in the game of life.


This video is not a very good version, but it is the only one they had on YouTube.
Check out the lyrics below.



Or click HERE to listen on ScribbleMonster's music player on their Myspace page. It obviously sounds much better than the one on YouTube. Once you are there you will have to choose The Song of Life from the list.

THE SONG OF LIFE
© 2007 Rrraargh! Music (BMI)
Words and music by James Dague
Sung by ScribbleJim


Every time that I play LIFE
I chose you to be my wife
We ride around in a plastic car
Tiny pegs are all we are

It doesn't matter what job I find
You're always there, you're still my bride
Sometimes I teach, sometimes I write
A doctor, lawyer, it's all alright

'Cause I, love you
And I, love LIFE

We'll buy a house and have some kids
No more that four or they won't fit
Our girls are pink, the boys are blue
Our little girl looks just like you

We might be broke or might be rolling in dough
Where this road leads, I don't know
It's all a part of playing the game
I wouldn't have it any other way

'Cause I, love you
And I, love LIFE

How I, love you
And I, love LIFE

And on the day of reckoning,
I'll spin the wheel, bet everything
It doesn't matter if I win or lose
I always win when I'm with you

'Cause I, love you
And I, love life

13 comments:

Kat said...

That is the cutest song! I love it! I've never heard that one before.

Happy Anniversary to the beautiful, happy couple! :)

TheQueen@TerrorsInTiaras said...

Aaah, super cute! Love the song. Love the picture. Happy Anniversary!

Stephanie said...

I forgot for a second that we share the same anniversary! Remember how we juggled all our family back and forth? :) Happy ten years, and here's to many more!

Roxanne said...

What a cute song. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY. We love you.

boys in the hood said...

Happy Anniversary Today! Very cute post :) Have fun on your date!

Erika said...

Too cute.
almost teared up when I read the lyrics...prego...you know :-)

K Bailey said...

Congrats! And how fun to have those two matching pictures!!

Jennifer Brammer said...

How cute! Congratulations and Happy Anniversary! I hope you feel well and are able to enjoy it!

TheSweetMom said...

I love your post! The 10th year is the best! Congratulations to both of you. You make an adorable couple!

Family said...

I love it!!! I love the whole post the pictures the song. You do have a great life. congrats on 10 great years of marrage.

Lynne's Somewhat Invented Life said...

You look exactly the same. Happy Anniversary.

Nana said...

Wow, neither of you have changed that much! What a beautiful tribute to a happy life.
Love, and Congrats!

Michal said...

sorry i'm so slow in reading this. happy anniversary. has it really been 10 years? you look just as gorgeous as you did that day!

great song. i was so sad recently to learn the life has changed their rules to allow same sex marriage in the game. what?

wait--i just read your comments. you are related to steph at diapers and divinity? how?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...