Well, a few minutes later I heard crying. Ned was curled up on the trampoline holding his face. This would normally make me a little worried but lately this is the norm (the story 'The Boy Who Called Wolf' comes to mind) and I figured Daddy could handle it. Then El Guapo called into the house, "Mommy, we need a rag." Then I was a little worried.
I took the rag out to them and El Guapo told me Ned hit his face on the trampoline and under his eye was a little red and he figured he had burned it a little on the trampoline and a wet rag would soothe him. I was relieved that he had not broken open any skin but when Ned took his face out of his hands I could see a HUGE goose egg under his eye, this was no trampoline burn.
I took Ned inside and he calmed down enough to tell me that he had kneed himself in the eye while trying to do a flip (he has flipped successfully many times).
This was the progression of the injury.
Jan. 8th:


We won't talk about that game. We tried to convince Ned to tell the other kids at school that he had a run in with a Gator fan and to say, "You should see the other guy!" He wasn't going for it. Bummer.
Jan. 9th:

He was a little nervous to go to school. He said, "Sometimes people get teased when they have different things like this."
I was a nervous to see what was said to him throughout the day at school but when he happily got in the car he rolled his eyes and said, "Everyone kept asking about my eye. Like only two people in my class didn't ask me!"
In the beginning the worst part was how swollen it was.

It got worse each day for a few days before the swelling got better on Sunday, but then the bruising started to get worse.
Jan. 10th-11th:



Jan. 12th:
This is probably the worst it looked. Everyone loved it, even the ladies that helped him into the car at school said something about it every day. It took me a few days to get used to looking at this face.

Jan. 15th:
He was still pretty bruised but it started to yellow a lot.

It actually went away pretty fast now that I think about it because you couldn't even tell in the zoo pictures that were taken just four days after this last picture. Hm, not bad.




5 comments:
It's nice of you to cover for El Guapo like that. :)
That looks awful.
Oh...poor guy!
OUCH!!!! Welcome to the world of BOYS. It's stitches or casts or bumps and bruises or something. Glad he survived. The Thornes
Man, it looks worse in the pictures now that it is all healed up. Good thing you took progression pictures so you can remind him later.
oh, my goodness! you're lucky you didn't get a visit from child protective services! that's what i call a shiner!
Post a Comment