I was listening to Christmas music this morning while making breakfast and this song came on.
At about 1:50 in the video you hear Bing Crosby whistle and that is what made me tear up this morning. See, whistling has always irritated me and I realized a few years ago that it is because nothing can compare to the whistle of my Grandpa R. He had a beautiful whistle, like Bing Crosby's, only better. I miss that whistle, the only whistle I loved to hear. I look forward to hearing it again some day.
Monday, December 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




5 comments:
i love that movie! We just re-bought it on DVD (we had it on VHS for years). Such beautiful music. I just love White Christmas, too. It's not Christmas without watching those.
I just love Bing Crosby.
Singers/actors don't exist like him anymore
Me too! My dad was a great whistler! I miss his whistle. I wonder if my boys will remember it.
I also miss that whistle. I tell people all the time that we were 'whistled' home at night. We always knew when dad was home because he whistled. Love, love, loved ita and hope to hear it again often.
I love(d) it, too! I'm glad I still get it via my dad--one of my favorite things about being around him. Pret does it too, but it's not quite the same...
Post a Comment