1-Beautiful funeral for grandpa.
29-Hours spent in the car, airport, or airplane.
66-Hours I was gone from my home, missing my boys. (Which means I spent almost 44% of my time away in a car/plane/airport, and only 18% of the time sleeping, no wonder I am so tired.)
2-Parents that helped make it possible for me to even make this trip. :)
4-People that made it possible for me to leave all of my children home so they did not have to spend all of that time traveling too. (Thanks, Mrs. Morty, Sarah, Adriann, and El Guapo)
15-People on the phone with their moms, wishing them Happy Mother's Day, in the airport.
1-Sweet email from my children (husband), with this picture attached.

2-Fun sisters to spend time shopping, laughing, and crying with.
2-New dresses I bought myself for Mother's Day!
5,623-Extra calories eaten after saying, "I'm on vacation, I don't have to watch what I eat." or, "I am on a road trip, I need to buy those HUGE chocolate chip cookies they are selling at the gas station." or, "The Relief Society went to all this work to make these yummy funeral potatoes, and delicious desserts, I don't want to offend them by not eating one of everything."
20-Cousins that all made it to the funeral. It was the first time we had all been together for a very long time. It was great seeing all of you! (Once someone that had a camera there posts a picture of all of us I will add a link.)
21-Gun salute for Grandpa. (The photo on that link was taken by my very talented Uncle Mike.) This was one of the most awesome things I have ever seen. I was so touched by the respect these men had for my grandpa, even though they had never met him. (More pictures on my cousin's blog and my other cousin's blog.)
If you were there, and can think of anything else you want to add, please comment!




9 comments:
We're glad you're home and I see everyone is still in one piece! What nice friends and family! Cute picture of the boys!
4--the number of times the grandfather clock chimes in one hour of restless sleep. I wouldn't have wanted to be anywhere else though!
i love the format of this post. i'm glad you had a nice weekend. it sounds like you were able to pay honor to your grandpa and enjoy time with your family.
I love the numbers. So fun to read. Glad to hear you survived leaving the kids behind. And that has got to be the greatest Mother's Day picture EVER!
I am sure it is nice to be home!
This was a cool way too post. And that picture of your boys is way too cute!
6---number of siblings all together at home in Pocatello for the first time in years.
5---hours of sleep I got when I shared a room with Kimberlie, but I don't think she heard the clock so much that night.
2--- burial plots, much to Nancy's relief. Mom and Dad had considered being buried one on top of the other.
1- family that is united in love for Grandma(mom) and wants to do all we can to make this transition easier for her.
Sorry it's such a long comment
6--number of hours stuck in the car with Emily's obnoxious children. :)
Oh my gosh. Can I just say that the Mother's Day picture here is a perfect shot of each of your boys' personalities. So funny!
You are so right!
Post a Comment