Monday, September 29, 2008

Just call him Mr. Fix It

My dishwasher has been broken for a three months now. It has been rough but part of me has enjoyed the time standing at the sink with nothing to do but think. It is kind of therapeutic.
I have procrastinated calling a repair man. I have worried that it will cost almost as much to fix it as it will to replace it. El Guapo tried to fix it a couple of months ago, but he could not get it working.
Some days have been better than others. My husband has actually been surprised at how well I have kept up with the dishes, but this week I have not done so well. Today I had to wash dishes to use them. So, El Guapo decided he was going to help me out and do them.
He went into the kitchen tonight and I heard him in there clunking around. Suddenly I heard what sounded like the dishwasher starting! He peeked around the corner and smiled. I asked if that was really the dishwasher and he said, "You know, we have little buddies right?."
"What?"
"You know those little buddies like to get in to things, right?"
"Yeah?"
"You know how there is a thing called a plug?"
"Oh. My. Gosh!"

Yep. It was unplugged.
I laughed until I cried. They were happy tears, I think.

15 comments:

Emily said...

Still laughing.

Stephanie said...

Oh man, that is FANTASTIC! When they're old enough, you totally have to play the "you owe me 90 days of dishes" card.

boys in the hood said...

That is HILARIOUS!!! So glad you won't have to be hand washing anymore :)!

Jennifer Brammer said...

That's awesome! We didn't have a dishwasher for a while and I couldn't keep up with our dishes and I didn't have any kids! I'm sure that was hard washing all those dishes! That is great that he was able to fix it!! Yeah!!!

TheQueen@TerrorsInTiaras said...

That is SO SO funny. Three months. HA HA HA

Family said...

Oh my I would die. That is way to funny. I am crying for you. Way to go El Guapo and you for keeping up with the dishes with no dishwasher. I have a dishwash but I really do not like useing it.

Mrs. Morty said...

OH! MY! GOSH!!!! ARE YOU SERIOUS!!! That's kind of like when your fan was switched the wrong way. At least you didn't go buy a new dishwasher!!

Kat said...

No WAY!!!!!!

Nessa said...

Oh my goodness!!! That post just made my day...how funny! Not so funny you had to do dishes by hand for 3 months...but hey it works now. You crack me up.. I can so picture your hubbie peering around the corner and telling you it was unplugged...too funny and I am still smiling. Thanks for sharing.

McD said...

gotta love buddies!!! Thanks for not giving in on buying a new one.

K Bailey said...

Ha ha ha......how sad and funny! That might have turned into a marital fight at our house! :) Glad it was FREE to figure it out.

Michal said...

ho ho ho. he he he. i love it. great story.

Adriann said...

How did they find the plug to unplug it? Man, kids are crafty! I have NO idea where the plug to mine is. Well, at least you didn't have to call a repair man and be embarassed when all he did was plug it in!

Beam Family said...

That is hilarious! I needed a good laugh!

Ice Cream said...

Oh no no no no no! Too funny and tragic. But I'm glad you were able to find some enjoyment during the hand washing. =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...