Thursday, June 19, 2008

I didn't even know her...

Through a blog called 5 minutes for mom I read about a family that lost their baby girl on Sunday. She drowned in their new spa. The mom, Stephanie, is so amazing. She continues to post on her blog daily. After reading a few posts I noticed that she lives in the town I lived in during high school, and she is LDS. I realize that knowing that families are forever, and the comfort of our Heavenly Father's plan is what is pulling her through. I know these things too, but I can't say I would handle it so well.
A few years ago my cousin and his wife lost their son. I remember wondering how long it would take me to stop thinking about him and his parents. I could not get them out of my mind. I was so sad. I thought that if it took me this long to grieve a baby that I had only met once or twice, how would I handle the loss of my own child. It is heartbreaking.
I am so sad for Stephanie and her family. I don't even know them, but I think about them all day. They have been in my prayers, and I hope that they will continue to be comforted.

3 comments:

Erika said...

Wow.
Tears could not be held back. What a horrible experience, what an amazing mom, finding God in all this & continuing to inspire others.
Thank you for sharing

Kirstyn said...

That would seriously be so hard. I couldn't even imagine. That was a good story, thanks.

Kat said...

My sister passed away when she was 9 (before I was born) and I have always wondered how my parents got through. My mom and dad talked about her often and I really don't think the pain ever goes away. I think it just kind of becomes the new normal. They just kept living for their other children.
I just can't imagine. What a nightmare.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...