Thursday, June 12, 2008

Trip to Branson

El Guapo and I were able to take a fun little trip to Branson, Missouri last week. All of the store managers in El Guapo's district won a three day, two night trip with their spouses. We had a great time, and thanks to lots of great friends from church, we didn't worry about our kids. Well, not too much anyway.

On our way there we drove under a McDonald's that Ned, Dusty and Lucky would have loved. It is built right over the freeway.
El Guapo pretended to feed the trucks his french fries. He knew the boys would get a kick out of this picture.


We arrived in Branson at about 5:30 on Wednesday night. We first went to dinner at Dick Clark's American Bandstand Theater where El Guapo ordered some fried pickles. I think our boys would have loved them.



We decided to go to a show with some of the other couples. We saw
Pierce Arrow. One of the men in the group, Tim Storms is in the Guinness book of world records for the lowest note produced by a human. I took a little video clip. You are not supposed to take video of the show so I just turned on the camera to record how low his voice was. It is pretty amazing.



Overall the music was ok, but the comedian was the best part.

The next day we went to Silver Dollar City. It was so much fun! We were the only ones that really enjoyed it. We both LOVE to ride roller coasters. There is nothing like screaming at the top of your lungs. It's a great way to blow off some steam!
El Guapo went on a water ride and was totally soaked.


That evening we all went to the Dixie Stampede. It was pretty fun. I liked the food. There was one woman in the group that refused to eat because they made you eat with your hands. :)
Of course El Guapo had to wear his Lakers shirt because they played that night.

We had a very pretty view from our hotel room. It is really a pretty town with lots of fun things to do. We are so glad we were able to go.

12 comments:

TheQueen@TerrorsInTiaras said...

Yeah, that's the McDonalds J was throwing up at on the way home from your house at Christmas a couple of years ago. Which, of course, was better than all the times she did in the car until we got to the McDonalds. Horrible memories for us. (Remember how awful sick we all were. Ick.)
Looks like you had a great time there though. Fun!

Michal said...

how great to have a getaway with el guapo. every couple needs that once in a while. even better when you don't have to pay for it.

Mrs. Morty said...

Man, I'm jealous!! Looks like loads of fun. Maybe I should get a free trip to Branson.I wonder where I could get one...

Emily said...

How fun. Those pickles look disgusting. When you told me you were going I thought, what could possibly be fun to do there? Then a lady at work told a story today about how her mom has always wanted to go to Branson. Judging from her story and your post, I guess I should want to go there, too.

boys in the hood said...

so glad you had such a great time...the pictures are great!

Adriann said...

How fun! We always meant to go to Branson, oh well too late now. Glad you guys got to get away - you deserve it!

Nana J said...

Those are some might fancy pants, El Guapo!

Roxanne said...

My thoughts exactly, Nana J! Looks like a fun place to go.

TheSweetMom said...

This looks like a blast! I'm dying to go on a roller coaster now! And I love that McDonalds! What FUN!

Diane said...

I love rollercoasters! Someday, I would like to travel to that place in Ohio that has all the great ones. Larry hates rollercoasters:(

Erika said...

fried pickles?

Emily said...

nana j and gma dibb,

Don't you two know that plaid shorts are sooo in right now!? Don't your husbands have any yet? ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...