My sister, Kimberlie, turned 35 last Wednesday. I am hoping she has been even busier than I have been this week, and has not noticed I did not wish her a happy b-day on my blog, yet.As we were growing up I wanted to be just like my sister, like most little sisters do. I vividly remember sitting in our room (The "7 Eleven" room, I was seven, she was eleven at the time) trying to convince my mom that I needed glasses, just like my big sister had. My mom and sister sat with me on the bed and asked me what the certificate on the dresser said. I told them that I could not read it. My sister handed me her glasses, and suddenly I was able to read the certificate. It said my sister's name.
Either my mom was really nice, or really gullible. She took me to the eye doctor and much to my dismay... 20/20 vision, and not only that, but the doctor said I would probably not need glasses my entire life. Ugh! I so wanted to be cool like my sister.

Well, sometimes she let me play barbies with her and, even more exciting, as we got older, I got to sleep with her in her water bed. I loved that. I loved the water bed, but I loved staying up talking with my sister even more.

Talking to Kimberlie is still one of my favorite things to do. There are not many days that I don't call her just to ask her how to cook something, to vent, to tell her a funny story I just heard, or to ask advice on how to discipline my children.
She is an amazing mom. I am a better mom because of her example. She probably has no idea that I learn from her interaction with her children that I hear over the phone. Her daughters are sweet, smart, good girls. I wish we lived closer so I could know them even better.
We have a lot of fun together. I am glad she is my big sister!
Happy birthday, Kimberlie. I love you. I hope you had a fun day!




7 comments:
Your sis sounds a lot like my sis. I'm laughing about the homemade cabbage patch dolls in that pic because we had the same ones growing up.
Fun post! I love the top picture - beautiful. Got to love the hairdos in the others.;)
You are so sweet. She is lucky to have you as a little sis.
What great pictures. You always make me smile!
Aaah, thanks! You made me cry. Thank YOU for being a great sister, and for the birthday wishes.
I'm a little concerned about you learning how I interact with my kids over the phone. I'm pretty sure all I ever do is yell at them. Please don't do that to your cute boys! ;)
Aww, you are so sweet to post Birthday wishes for your family, Happy Birthday Kimberlie!!
And we had the homemade cabbage patch dolls too. I still have mine in my attic, I'll have to dig it out sometime :)
That is so fun!!! Aren't sisters the best?! And those pictures are awesome!
Yeah, she's pretty cool.
Nice entry.
Post a Comment