Friday, February 22, 2008

I'm GLOWING!!

No, I am not pregnant (glowing is definitely not the word I would use if I were pregnant right now, check back in at least a year or so for that kind of announcement!). No, I am not glowing because I am so excited about anything, either.

So, why am I glowing?? I am radioactive right now! I had a HIDA Scan this morning. I was injected with a radioactive tracer. I was able to watch the tracer (it shows up as little white dots on a black screen) go into my liver, then in to my gallbladder. It was really interesting. If I had not had to lay still for an hour and a half, in a machine, I might have called it entertaining!

So the little dots all gathered in my gallbladder and then I was given a hormone that made my gallbladder contract and dump bile in to my intestines. (Sorry, that sounds gross, but hey, it happens to the best of us!) I guess if my gallbladder was not functioning properly it would take a long time for the dots to dissipate. It happened rather quickly, so I am assuming my gallbladder is fine. Good news? Yes, I guess, but then what is going on with me? I don't know, but I hope we can figure it out so I can eat, sleep, exercise, etc. without being so uncomfortable.

I should get the results back Monday or Tuesday, I'll keep you posted... I guess that is a literal statement when blogging. :)

7 comments:

Emily said...

Weird and gross! I hope you find out what's wrong soon.

Roxanne said...

I thought I noticed a light coming from the east today!
Take care. It is annoying not to know what is wrong when you are in pain.

McD said...

ahhh great! If you are glowing while I am trying to sleep tonight, you get the couch! I guess we could put you up against the wall in the boys room and call you a night light.

Michal said...

mcD, you crack me up with your nightlight jokes.
scrappy, i hope you are ok. i had my gall bladder out when henry was a baby and it was awful. ok, the awful part was BEFORE i had my gall bladder out. i have never missed it! hope you're all fixed soon.

Mrs. Morty said...

Your husband is so caring and concerned for you I can see.

Erika said...

Darn it! I was hoping you were pregnant.

Adriann said...

I didn't know you weren't feeling well! Man, I guess I need to call you more often.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...