Monday, December 5, 2011

Snow Day in Texas

Well, we have moved. We are not quite settled, but we are here.
The boys like their school (and so do I!), which was my biggest concern when moving here.
The house is smaller and older than our house in Oklahoma, but we are making do. There is actually more storage space, so that is a plus.
We have met a few people at church and we realize that it will take a while to create friendships like we did in Oklahoma. We sure miss our friends. We are so grateful for the friends we met while we lived there for seven years.
Seven years! That is the longest I have ever lived in one place.
The kids have adjusted pretty well. Buttercup has been doing well. I think as long as she has her daddy, brothers, doggy, and blanky around she is happy. :)
I think the hardest thing for the boys (and me) has been the fact that shcool starts an hour and a half earlier than it did in Oklahoma. We are all exhausted!
Today, though, we got a SNOW DAY!!! Woohoo! It was beautiful!
Buttercup thought it was pretty fun at first, but then her hands got too cold. She went inside to snuggle with her blanky and watch some Yo Gabba Gabba. She was much happier doing that.
The boys stayed out to build some snowmen, or in Dusty's case, a snow-alien.
The three youngest warmed up with warm bath. Now Dusty is asleep with his head on my lap while a blog. It's been a pretty great day.












4 comments:

Jennifer Brammer said...

So fun! I hope things fall in to place for you guys and everyone does well! Miss you guys!

Anonymous said...

Snow! I can't wait until we get some! Looks like fun was had by all! Fun to see how all your little ones have grown!

Kat said...

Sounds like your new home is well underway. Glad you are liking everything and I'm sure you'll make wonderful friends. LOVE the pictures! Snow in Texas! I love it. We haven't even really had any snow here in WI yet. We must be doing a switch a roo! ;)
Happy New Year!!!!

Unknown said...

I love these beautiful snowy pictures! And I feel you on the moving thing. 4 years is the longest I've ever lived in one place.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...