Friday, April 2, 2010

Two Months

Really? Does that last post really say One Month? Has it been that long since I last posted? Well, at least we know that I will blog at least 12 times by next February.

Today Buttercup turned 2 months old. Why does the time have to slip away so quickly? I am trying really hard to live in the moment and enjoy everything about this little baby girl.

In the past month or so we have decided that Buttercup needed to be supplemented with formula. For a woman that exclusively breastfed three (huge) boys it was hard to come to the realization that it was needed. I fought it and beat myself up about it, but when I succumbed I saw such a difference in Buttercup that I knew it was important to readjust my thinking and realize that I was not failing, I just needed a little help. She is really doing well now. She had a doctor appointment today and she has finally stared to gain weight enough that I was actually told to back off of the formula and get her to work harder at nursing... exactly what I was hoping to hear.

When I got ready today to take the picture of Buttercup with her giraffe I was getting frustrated with my camera, but my good friend
Cara saved me and pulled out her camera (and talent) and took the pictures for me.

Buttercup is starting to smile a little. There is nothing like those first smiles from a sweet little baby.
Photobucket

I had also asked her to take a few shots of Buttercup and me because when I got Buttercup dressed this morning I realized that I had black on too and could throw a matching hair clip in my hair that my friend Vanessa made. Why not, right? I love them! This is what we ended up with after Cara worked her magic.


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Thanks, Cara for doing this impromptu photo session. As always, you did a beautiful job!

14 comments:

Brooke said...

I remember having the hardest time accepting that Tanner needed a little extra something when he was a newborn. I felt terrible because I "couldn't" do it. I would try for hours to get him to nurse, then Josh would come in with a bottle, and Tanner would down it in five minutes. I felt so inadequate, but it definitely was better when I realized that I was doing what was best for him instead of focusing on what I lacked.

Jennifer Brammer said...

Oh I love them! She's beautiful! And I love the pictures of you and her!

TheQueen@TerrorsInTiaras said...

Oh. My. Word. So cute. So big. Adorable outfit. I want to eat her up. Want to move to my town?

Erika said...

cute cute cute

TheSweetMom said...

What a little doll! The pictures are SO pretty of both of you.

Roxanne said...

Your pictures are adorable. I LOVE the last one.

Nessa said...

Cara did such a great job. Buttercup is SO beatuiful! What a darling photo shoot. btw...thanks for the shout out;)

boys in the hood said...

It was the least I could do for a friend that helps me endlessly with my own kids! I wouldn't be able to make it without their daddy around if it wasn't for friends like you! And well..that baby is just too darn cute to pass up a photo op!

S said...

Gorgeous pictures. You look beautiful, and she is a little cutie!! I love the second to last picture--the angle and the look on her face are just perfect!

Nana said...

So glad I checked the site! What fun pictures - especially the last two. She is BEAUTIFUL!!

tara said...

Oh she is so beautiful! I LOVE the picture of the closeup (2nd from the bottom). And she's so tiny! even at 2mos. Wow.

Becky said...

Oh, man. That picture of both of you - your new profile pic. It is SOOO CUTE! So cute. She's a little cutie, congratulations :)

Michal said...

adorable pictures. adorable. adorable.:)

Kat said...

I had to supplement a little bit with Ben too. Then at six months when I could start feeding him regular food he really started gaining weight and I could drop the formula and just breastfeed again. Each kid is different.

Those pictures are just beautiful!!!! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...