Monday, July 20, 2009

If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Many of you know that I am pregnant. It has not been much of a secret since my (dear, sweet) husband decided to announce it on his Facebook less than a week after we found out! I'll admit it took me a while (probably until I saw the cute, little baby on the ultrasound a few weeks ago [see photo on my sidebar]) to get used to the idea, but I am happy about it and can't wait to have this baby join our family.

That is my excuse for not posting here lately. I get very sick (even on medications) for the entire pregnancy. It is hard to describe it to other women that don't feel like this during their pregnancies (so I won't try). It's just pretty horrible, and let's just face it, I don't have many nice things to say about it. I have even had a hard time posting updates on my Facebook status. All I really want to say is... Scrappy is counting down the minutes until she can take another Zofran. or...Scrappy wishes she was asleep because that is the only time she feels well. or...Scrappy hopes her children's brains don't turn into mush because of all of the video games and TV. Yeah, not very nice at all.

I really do have nice things to say though. I have had so many people offer to help. I am overwhelmed by the kindness and generosity of others. It is really hard to let people help me, but when I ask other people if they need something I want them to tell me what I can do, and I assume that is what others want too. I think we will all be blessed for their kindness, especially them.

So, if you don't hear from me much for a while, just know that I am happy, but just trying to make it through. I will get back to posting when I have a lot of nice things to say. :)

11 comments:

Beam Family said...

Congrats on being pregnant, I'm so sorry that you get so sick, I know how you feel. Did you know I'm pregnant, too?

Mrs. Morty said...

Awe, feel better. I miss you :) Your little bean sized baby is cute and so is your header

Kat said...

Huh? Wha???

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

That is so exciting! Well, except for all the sickness. Blah. I hope that stops soon. Poor you. :(

Your absence is completely understandable. Feel better!

Adriann said...

Ugh, I remember you being miserable with Lucky and I am SO SORRY that you're going through that right now. But, CONGRATULATIONS! Personally, I hope you have a little girl because those boys of yours will be the sweetest big brothers ever and spoil her to death =). Wish I still lived around the corner from you! I'd take your kids to the playground this afternoon if I was. Sigh, wishful thinking.

K Bailey said...

Oh I know you get so ill! I'm sorry. Being pregnant just stinks! On another note....last summer we had a newborn and my kids watched TV the WHOLE summer. Our daily outing was to Redbox and once in awhile to a drive-thru for lunch or a treat. We saw every kid friendly movie in that box!!! And guess what-they survived!

TheSweetMom said...

You're so sweet! Try to take it a day at a time. That little bean will be here in no-time, right?... I know... I'm stretching for some positiveness to help ease the torture of the yucky pregnancy. But, really I can't wait to see the newest brother or sister!!! Call me if I can help any day or night!

Nessa said...

I was just wondering the other day how you were doing 'sick wise'...I know your pregnancies are hard...hang in there. Just let or make everyone else do everything...if I was there I'd do you dishes!!!

Valentines?????.....it's gotta be a girl or I guess it could be a little Romeo...I call girl though!!! Love your header by the way!!! LOVE your background color...great minds think alike!!!

Super Kimmie said...

Congrats! I'm excited for you guys to add another cutie to you family. So sorry you have to deal with the blahs and sickies through your pregnancy - I hope it doesn't last the whole 9 months. Are you coming to UT soon - would love to see you.

Kim

Stephanie said...

yay, congrats! Do you know what you're having? Are you annoyed that this totally messes up your blog title? That's the ONLY reason I'm in no rush to potty train Natalie. :)

tara said...

What!!!
Tell that husband of yours he needs to keep in better touch with his "other" friends who are still living in the dark ages and just got a blog - never mind a Facebook.:P
Congratulations! I'm so sorry you're feeling yucky. #4 is supposed to be super different that the first three - so maybe the pregnancy will be too?... we can hope right?
Thinking of you! :)

Michal said...

i'm pretty sure that i see a pink bow in that ultrasound photo:)frankly, i hadn't noticed your absence because i have dropped out of the blog world myself for the past six weeks. the things we do for babies!

here's hoping it's the easiest pregnancy you've ever had and that SHE is a good sleeper once she's born!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...