Monday, April 13, 2009

Just Picture It...

...because I don't have any actual pictures for you. You have to use your own imagination. My computer has not been working properly since I got the internet turned back on. For some reason all of my folders are missing. I can 'search' for them and find them, but cannot access them when I am in Photoshop, trying to load them onto Photobucket, etc. So, I am going to attempt to write a post without pictures. I know that this does not seem difficult to those of you that are good writers, but for me it is tough.


We have been pretty busy these last couple of months. Here is a list of a few of the things that we have been up to:


~I have been to the dentist 7 (maybe 8) times in the past two months. I am getting my veneers redone (I will explain why I even had veneers in the first place later when I have pictures of the new ones) at the dental college here and anything you do there is a VERY LONG process. I am in my temporaries right now and will be getting my real ones on the 20th. I am very excited. At this point I am most excited to get them done so I don't have to deal with the pain and sensitivity that I have right now.

~Dusty's birthday was on Wednesday. He got a yellow Hot Wheel bike. It was a fun day. More on that later, hopefully.

~Lucky stopped using a pacifier, all by himself. We were having a hard time finding a pacifier one night and we had a little chat about him being a big boy and that only babies have pacifiers. Until that day when I would ask him if he was a baby he would say that he was a baby and that he needed a pacifier. I think that he finally decided that he was big because The Littlest Morty is such a tiny baby that he realized he really is big! He did really well and never asked for it.

Wait! I forgot-- he actually did ask for it once at church. I knew that the worst part about getting rid of the pacifier would be sacrament meeting. For some reason El Guapo didn't have any meetings that Sunday morning so we were able to ride to church with him. When we sat down Lucky started to talk a bit too loudly so I shushed him and then he said, "Pacifier!" I knew then that I was in trouble! Lucky was so happy to have Daddy around (he has been a bit of a daddy's boy lately) so when we sat down and Daddy did not sit with us Lucky started to cry out for him, "Daddy no sit upstairs!" El Guapo went up to the stand, set his things down and came back to try to comfort Lucky with a piece of gum. As soon as he turned to walk back up to the stand Lucky started to cry again. I ended up taking him out for the first 15 minutes. It has gotten a bit better, but he is still a little too loud for my liking. :)

{Revision: I wrote that last part (the part about Lucky getting a little better) before we went to church yesterday. He was not better yesterday. *sigh* We will see how he does next week.}

~Dusty was student of the week at school. He got the coolest pencil from his teacher. It may seem silly to blog about a pencil but this is the best pencil I have ever seen (well, smelled.) This pencil smells like root beer. It is not like any other root beer scented thing I have ever smelled. When you smell this pencil it is like you just opened a new can of root beer. It smells so good! If they sold these for a fund raiser for my kids' school it might be the first (and last) fundraiser I ever let my kids participate in. I would love more of those pencils.

~We have experienced 85 degree days and more snow than I have ever seen in Oklahoma, all in the same month!

~We had spring break. The only thing we did all week was take care of our good friends' dogs while they went on vacation. The dogs are Great Danes so the boys were a little nervous around them. Ned helped as much as he could and he ended up missing them when we were done. I love big dogs (as long as I know them) and would love to have one someday. Then, the other day El Guapo decided to pick up a lost dog in the neighborhood and let him stay in our back yard for the night. He was a St. Bernard. He was HUGE. The boys loved him. Lucky followed him around carrying his water bowl.

Now, don't start saying that it sounds like we need to get a dog because my kids love them. I love babies (and have enjoyed holding this one), but that does not mean I need one. Not yet anyway. :)

~The very best news is that my dad's 2nd thyroid cancer surgery went very well, much better than expected. The lab results were great and they feel like they removed all of the cancer this time. He is currently radioactive because he took a radiation pill last week. For a couple of weeks he is not supposed to be within 7 feet of anyone for more than a few minutes. He has a scan scheduled for next week before he has a clean bill of health, but we are very optimistic.

I am sure I missed a few things. I think I might have figured out a way to work around my computer's problems. I am not going to make any promises, but I hope to get some pictures up soon.

9 comments:

boys in the hood said...

YAY...your back!!! Hope you get your pictures back soon :)

Kat said...

To the dentist 8 times!!! What a nightmare. Seriously. I'm going to have nightmares. Still, I would love veneers.

So glad to hear about your dad! YAY!!!!
:)

TheSweetMom said...

Sounds like you all have had some exciting times lately! Good to hear all about them!

Jennifer Brammer said...

Thanks again for watching our dogs! You guys are so awesome! There sure has been a lot of stuff happen since you've posted last! It was fun to read!

Adriann said...

That was a great post! Pictures would have been fun, but your writing made up for it =). So glad to catch up a little bit.

Family said...

You have been to the Dentist 8 TIMES WOW!! I hope your pain goes away soon. I am so glad things are going well with your DAD I love good news.

Michal said...

i miss your pictures, but i loved the update.

Liz said...

8 times, seriously? You need me there to babysit!

Post some pics soon of your snazzy new veneers!

liz

Megs said...

I know this is random, but I LOVE the smell of just opening a can of root beer. For whatever reason, about two years ago I opened a can of A&W and I had a total flashback of Grandma & Grandpa's storage room and opening a can right by the fridge. I think I will always think of that now, even if only subconsciously!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...