We do have rules. They have to eat all of their meals. They have to clean up the wrappers. They have to let Mommy or Daddy brush their teeth at the end of the day.
This year was the first time Lucky could really enjoy this "holiday" at our house. If anyone touched his bucket he would bawl (if he caught them).
The boys had a good day. There was only one tummy ache that lasted about 20 minutes until dinner. Plus I was able to get rid of most of the candy in the house.
What do you do to deal with all of the candy in your house on November 1st?




10 comments:
I love your traditions. Free candy day!!! How fun..
I don't know how you do it. I remember when I came to your house last November and everything was sticky. Doorknobs, walls, furniture, EVERYTHING. Fun day for the kids, though.
Wow! That is brave. Sounds fun though. :)
You've told me about your candy day...I love it. You are such a fun mom! And your little babies are so cute. I just threw away Londons candy from last Halloween
(07) before we moved out here....your idea to get rid of hte candy is marvalous!!!!!!
You have great traditions...maybe I will start that one next year! Or maybe I should just throw it all away tonight?!
We've been having fee reign on the candy. I can't wait to get it out of the house. We usually end up eating it well into December.
Is that why I can never find any candy around here. . .funny you didn't mention the tradition of snagging the candy you like from the boys bags and sticking them in the freezer? Like we don't know. . .
our kids eat all they can handle on halloween night. (they barely trick or treat much that night anyway, but they do go to the trunk or treat, plus fill up on donuts and cupcakes and candy bars at our party on halloween night.) then, november 1st, the candy disappears. i wondered this year if they'd complain about it, as they are getting older, but no one did. it might have helped that henry, our biggest sugar addict, threw up chocolate on the morning of the first.
Shane and I ate all of Ivy's after she went to bed =). But there really wasn't all that much because we only trick or treated to a few houses. I suppose we won't be able to get away with that for very long.
Wow, that's the best idea I've ever heard! I might have to do that when my kids can actually eat the candy! That's seriously awesome :0)
Post a Comment