Thursday, October 9, 2008

Traditions

Today is Ned's parent teacher conference. It will be the 4th time I have gone to one of these for him, and I hope today goes as well as the other three have. When Ned was in Kindergarten I started a tradition of taking homemade caramel apples to the teacher.
Dusty helped me unwrap the caramels while Ned was still at school.


This year Mrs. M will be getting five caramel apples because she has three children.

The boys (read:El Guapo) is sad about that because it means less left over for him. It's a good thing we will be making more next week for Dusty's teacher, Mrs. E.

I love spoiling my children's teachers because they don't make very much money (that is an understatement) and they spend too much of that hard earned money on extras for their classroom. Sometimes I like to give them a little "Thank You!"
We have lots and lots of traditions around here. I will share more of them with you as they come up the rest of the year.

What are some of the traditions your family has this time of year?

Don't forget to enter my giveaway. You don't have to be a frequent commenter to enter, and you can enter if you are a member of my family (well, not you, El Guapo). One of the three amigos will draw a name out of a hat tomorrow morning.

14 comments:

K Bailey said...

I think I missed the link for the order form for those apples? I have two pt conferences next week.... :) (okay-maybe just a good how-to no-fail lesson?)

TheQueen@TerrorsInTiaras said...

Mmmmm. I know you know my tradition with teachers, but since it's so fun, I thought I'd share.
I take dinner to the teachers (always for teacher appreciation week, but sometimes for conference week or national education week in the fall) and they LOVE it. Seriously, some teachers have cried.

Erika said...

I LOVE it!!! So cute! And so thoughtful!!!

Erika said...

Ha ha, I was just remembering I would give my kids extra credit if they came to back-to-school night (in the WHS gym, so HOT) and brought me food :-)
good times :-)

Gunnell Fam said...

Those look so delightful and professional! That's one lucky teacher!

Family said...

OK!!! You really are amazing. They look great. YUMMY!!!

Mrs. Morty said...

Man, I wish I was one of those teachers!! Those look so yummy! What a nice mommy you are.

Kat said...

You are so sweet! What a great idea! :)

This time of year is all about family walks in the crunchy leaves, pumpkin farms, picking apples for applesauce, and raking leaves. I LOVE fall. :)

boys in the hood said...

Can I be one of your kids teachers? They are sure lucky!

S said...

Love the gourmet caramel apples... I made my RS do these when I was Enrichment leader. Oh, yum--now I need to make some. My favorite is the apple pie one.
And what a fantastic idea for your kids' teachers!!

Michal said...

wow. the presentation was stunning, and i'm sure they tasted great. what a wonderful idea.

tara said...

As a former teacher, let me just say, you ROCK! You are spot on with your assesment of teachers being underappreciated - but this kind of thing, really really helps! Yeah, you ROCK!

Adriann said...

I'm glad you did this post, because last week I was thinking I want to make carmel apples for Halloween and of course I thought of the yummy ones you used to bring over for us. Man I miss your food! Well, and I miss you too =). Anyway, I was going to ask you how you made them, because of all the homemade carmel apples I've had in my life, I think I like yours the best. Can you email me your directions? (other than: unwrap carmels, melt and dip). Thanks!

Shannon said...

I have my first PTC with Candon's teacher next week and would love to do this with my fam and for his teacher. Could you email me the instructions like Adriann asked? They look wonderful and splendid to eat. Please, please, please!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...