Thursday, April 3, 2008

Stranger Danger

Me: Dusty, Mommy is going to get in the shower. What do you do if someone comes to the door and Mommy is in the shower?

Dusty: Let he in.

Me: No, you NEVER answer the door or the phone when Mommy is in the bathroom. You need to make sure that Mommy or Daddy are with you if you want to get the door. Do you know what a stranger is?

Dusty: No

Me: (almost in tears.... have I really not yet had this conversation with my son that is almost 4 years old!) A stranger is someone you don't know. There are some strangers that are not nice, they could take you and you would NEVER see your family again.

Dusty: Oh!

Me: Ok, now, what do you do if someone comes to the door while Mommy is in the shower?

Dusty: Open the door.

Me: (trying not to laugh) Just come get Mommy if someone comes to the door, okay?

Dusty: Okay.

6 comments:

Emily said...

So funny and scary! Sounds like you need to install a lock that he can't reach. :)

Scrappy said...

Emily,
He would reach it. There is a little hook and eye lock on our new screen door. The day after we installed it I caught him unlocking it with a broom stick.

Michal said...

not only have i had this very conversation with my kids, but i finally had to say that they couldn't let ANYONE into the house when i was in the shower. i once got out of the shower to find a 19 year old male member of our ward headed down the hallway. the kids had let him in and he was looking for me (he should have known better.) luckily, there was not an actual sighting. and he freaked out when he realized what almost happened! so we had to change the rule.

Mrs. Morty said...

Oh, children. Yeah, the kids flung the front door wide open the other day while I was attending to business in the hall bathroom with the door open. It was my neighbor, Mark. I flung the bathroom door shut right as he was asking if mommy or daddy were here. I like Michal's rule, NO opening the door :)

TheSweetMom said...

I'm laughing out loud because I can relate! You are so funny!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you found my Transformer Birthday! Have fun with it. I'm LDS and have 3 boys too. ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...