Well, it's really all about the kids, so I like to make a big deal about holidays. I don't know what to do to celebrate holidays like St. Patrick's day other than fun green food. So yesterday we started the day and ended the day green.
I made green pancakes and green scrambled eggs. The boys all loved it. I don't know why, but it bothered me, I could not bring myself to eat the eggs, they just looked nasty.
I made green pancakes and green scrambled eggs. The boys all loved it. I don't know why, but it bothered me, I could not bring myself to eat the eggs, they just looked nasty.


That was not a smile on Lucky's face in that picture at breakfast. He was upset that Daddy took his pacifier away for the picture and was starting to whine. This is a picture of him politely asking his daddy to give his pacifier back...

We had pizza for dinner (I know, not very Irish) with green smoothies. My friend, Michal, talked about them on her blog and they sounded fun. The boys LOVED them and Ned was sad when it was gone. I will be making them again and calling them 'Ogre Smoothies' or something like that. I had a little glass of it and even though I knew there was baby spinach in it I thought it was pretty good. I thought it just tasted like those smoothies you get at the store when you ask for the vitamin boosts and you can kind of taste it in the smoothie.


Then for dessert we had Pastel Pound Cake. I added Lime Jell-O rather than raspberry like I usually do.


We had a fun day. The next couple of pictures are totally unrelated to St. Patrick's Day other than the fact that they were taken that day. The hat that Lucky is wearing is something from McDonald's. I think it is from the Pirates of the Caribbean.

And then one of Ned and Dusty actually being nice to one another... I had to snap a picture of that!
Pastel Pound Cake1 white cake mix
1 package Jell-O (3 oz.)
3/4 cup water
1/2 cup oil
4 eggs
Mix all ingredients. Pour into well greased bundt cake pan. Bake at 350 for 40-45 min. Drizzle with simple water or milk and powdered sugar glaze.
I like it warm or cold. YUM!




4 comments:
looks great. and your green smoothies turned out way better than mine did. my kids are jealous--"hey! their green smoothies were actually green. and they got green cake, too?" i guess i can't win them all.
Fun! I was very fuddy duddy for St. P Day, partly because I don't have any food coloring. By the way, I don't understand why you and Daddy don't care for green clothes for your boys, they all look really good in green. :)
Those green smoothies look nasty. I can't believe they drank them.
What a cute, nice mommy you are.
Oh, and I love the Lucky picture. So funny.
You are SO good! I am motivated just looking at how much fun your kids are having! What a blast!
Post a Comment