Friday, March 7, 2008

Dusty's Date with Mommy


Dusty and I went out last night, just the two of us. We went to Sesame Street Live! Dusty has been looking forward to this for about a month now. I didn't think he really knew what was going to happen. He kept talking about it being Elmo's birthday party because it was called 'When Elmo Grows Up'. He would say things like, "Is his party going to be at somewhere that you can play?" So when we went last night I was really curious what he would think. I was worried he would be disappointed that it was not a birthday party at Chuck E. Cheeses or something like that.

We walked in and he was SO excited. We got our snow cone, funnel cake, corn dog and cotton candy (hey, I wanted to have some fun too!) and sat in our seats.



After eating his 'dinner' he asked, "Where is Elmo going to be?" I said, "Right up there on the stage with all of his friends." Uh, oh! That was the wrong thing to say. He immediately said he did not want to see Elmo, climbed up on to my lap and buried his head in to my chest. He was so scared. I was not expecting that, I don't know why though, since he covers his ears and shivers at Monster Jam.


We were there pretty early so he stayed in this position for about 20 minutes or so. He kept saying, "I don't want anybody to see me." I think he was afraid that the monsters would try to talk to him if they saw him. I was worried he would start to cry when the show began and that we would end up leaving.

Well, it took about a minute into the show for him to turn around and look. I think it was when they started to sing that made him look. He did not turn back once he started watching. He did shiver for a while though.

He eventually seemed to be enjoying himself. He pointed at things and would comment about the characters. He was really excited when he saw Baby Bear come out.


As soon as they started talking about the train whistle Dusty covered his ears. They said that the whistle did not work and everyone in the audience helped make the whistle sound. He didn't like that so much!


During the intermission he wanted an Elmo balloon so bad! I could not bring myself to paying $8 for a balloon I can get at Wal-Mart!


He really enjoyed the rest of the show. He was even willing to clap at the end. This was the look on his face for most of the show:
Pretty serious and cautious.

Dusty said his favorite part was when they sang, 'I Like Trash.'


I had a fun time being with Dusty. I guess Lucky is next. Ned went 3 years ago, so I guess it is a tradition for our children when they are 3 years old.

9 comments:

Michal said...

that's my kind of an event--they had funnel cake??? my favorite!:)
that serious picture of dusty looks so much like his daddy!
looks like a fun night out. my kids love going on dates with one of us. we usually just go out to lunch, though. you definitely one upped us there. (since your hubby is always keeping score, score one for you guys!):)

Emily said...

Did you see the Willicuties there?

Scrappy said...

Emily,
No. The Willicuties went to the morning show. Maddie sure is a cutie isn't she?

Roxanne said...

Gotta love that shirt, Mommy! I'm glad he was able to enjoy it somewhat. I would have gone for the cotton candy. :)

boys in the hood said...

Looks like you had fun even though he was a little scared...I know I shouldn't of bought the balloon, but I didn't buy any food so that was my justification!

McD said...

Who's keeping score. You went to a game without me? Rude.

I don't know what made you so much more popular than Michal today. Did you look at your map? Here is a small list of the people that visited you today.

Location Time
Seattle, WA, United States Sun, 09 Mar 2008 00:03:33 -0600
Denver, CO, United States Sat, 08 Mar 2008 22:22:23 -0600
Whittier, CA, United States Sat, 08 Mar 2008 22:07:06 -0600
Layton, UT, United States Sat, 08 Mar 2008 21:51:05 -0600
Alpine, UT, United States Sat, 08 Mar 2008 17:32:40 -0600
Boise, ID, United States Sat, 08 Mar 2008 16:19:46 -0600
Herzogenaurach, Germany Sat, 08 Mar 2008 15:52:53 -0600
, , United States Sat, 08 Mar 2008 14:26:37 -0600
Oklahoma City, OK, United States Sat, 08 Mar 2008 14:09:03 -0600
Sun City, CA, United States Sat, 08 Mar 2008 12:01:20 -0600
Kiruna, Sweden Sat, 08 Mar 2008 12:00:54 -0600
Sag Harbor, NY, United States Sat, 08 Mar 2008 12:00:20 -0600
Durlach, Germany Sat, 08 Mar 2008 12:00:19 -0600
Macon, GA, United States Sat, 08 Mar 2008 12:00:13 -0600
Bangkok, Thailand Sat, 08 Mar 2008 11:59:34 -0600
Madrid, Spain Sat, 08 Mar 2008 11:59:25 -0600
São Paulo, Brazil Sat, 08 Mar 2008 11:58:46 -0600
Pelotas, Brazil Sat, 08 Mar 2008 11:58:24 -0600
Bivio Lupotto, Italy Sat, 08 Mar 2008 11:57:58 -0600
Mumbai, India Sat, 08 Mar 2008 11:57:55 -0600
Charlestown, MA, United States Sat, 08 Mar 2008 11:57:44 -0600
, , United States Sat, 08 Mar 2008 11:57:30 -0600
, Brazil Sat, 08 Mar 2008 11:56:55 -0600
Hamilton, ON, Canada Sat, 08 Mar 2008 11:56:53 -0600
Istanbul, Turkey Sat, 08 Mar 2008 11:56:41 -0600

Did you win?

Erika said...

Love your shirt. How fun!

TheSweetMom said...

How FUN! You did a great job of retelling the story with great pics of you guys!

Allison said...

Sounds like a fun "Only Child Night" (that is what we used to call it.) I'm glad that he enjoyed the show and you didn't have to leave.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...