Thursday, February 14, 2008

Husband Tag

I was tagged with this questionnaire by my friend over a week ago but I decided to wait until Valentine's Day to post it.
Happy Valentine's Day, honey. I love you!!
All About My Hubby...

How long have you been married? 9 years on August 14th. Valentine's Day is our half year anniversary!



How long did you date? 3 years, not your typical Mormon story.

How old is he? 36 (in 3 days!) Correction: he will be 35 (see comments)

Who eats more sweets? Me, without question. He does like candy more than I do, but I love sweets.

Who is taller? He is. I am 5' 5"; he is 6' 2"

Who can sing better? I don't know. We are about the same; neither of us is bad or particularly great.

Who is smarter? He is, for sure.
Who does the laundry? We both start it, he ends up folding it. It will sit in a pile in our room until he has time (or is sick enough of waiting to see if I will ever do it) until he folds it. I usually put it away, otherwise Ned might be wearing Lucky's clothes to school. :)

Who pays the bills? I do. He used to. I can't decide which I like more.

Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? He does.

Who mows the lawn? He does. But I try to do it as often as I can because his allergies are so bad that he is miserable the rest of the day when he does it.

Who cooks dinner? I do. He used to cook when we were dating and first married, but as I have gotten better at it and have learned to love it he can hardly make mac and cheese without messing it up!

Who drives? Whoever is on that side of the car after getting the children in.

Who is more stubborn? Hm, depends on the subject.

Who asked who out first? He did. He was kind of dating my roommate but I really liked him and I hoped he would ask me out.

Who kissed who first? He kissed me on our fourth date. He says he waited to kiss me on the fourth day because he thought it would be fun because my parents decided to get married on their fourth date.

Who said "I love you" first? Um, I don't really remember! I do remember that for the longest time when we were first dating he used to say, "You're awesome!" I told him once that I thought that it was his "as you wish". He said that it was and I think it must have been this conversation that we said I love you to one another.

Who proposed? He did. We knew we were getting married for a while before we had the money for the ring and he actually told me that he could not afford the ring for a few more months. I had been in Indiana for a few weeks helping my sister who was on bed rest while pregnant with twins. He milked the clock and earned the money while I was gone. I had been home a few days when we went to my parents' house (they lived in St. George at the time) for Thanksgiving dinner. We knew we wanted a picture that we had taken ourselves for our announcements, so every once in a while we would get dressed up and go in to the mountains and set the camera on a tripod and set the timer. We decided to go into snow canyon and take some pictures before dinner. I was tired and hungry after a while but he told me he just wanted to go to this one last spot. We did and as he was setting up the shot I kind of noticed his hand shaking a bit. He pushed the button and as he jumped over a huge rock to stand by me (or so I thought) he reached into his pocket, and then I knew what was happening and immediately started to cry. He asked me if I would be "his best friend forever". I said yes!! The camera snapped the picture at the perfect moment!

Who has more siblings? I do. I have 3 brothers and 2 sisters. He has a half brother and half sister. He has more if you count his "lds family", that introduced him to the Church, that he calls his brothers and sisters.

Who wears the pants? We both do, again it depends on the subject.

I am tagging Kimberlie, Emily, The Sweet Mom, and Mrs. Morty. Plus anyone else that is reading this and wants to talk about their hubby!
Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

9 comments:

boys in the hood said...

So cute! Love the pictures, and I'm glad I tagged you. Tell Mrs. Morty to get on it...I'm waiting for her answers too!

Michal said...

shucks. what a sweet little meme. you have a great husband (although i think that he's more stubborn than you are!)
happy valentine's day!

Roxanne said...

Isn't that the picture I have been wanting for, umm.... 12 years?? I'm glad you shared the "engagement" picture. I've always loved it. Fun entry.

McD said...

Awww, sooo sweet! You must have the best husband in the whole world! I bet my wife would never write such nice things about me. (She might get my age right though!)

Scrappy said...

Oops! I don't know what is worse, the fact that I put the age wrong in the first place, or the fact that when realizing I put the wrong age I counted in my head and decided that 36 was correct!
Sorry, honey!

Allison said...

Cute post; I love the proposal picture!

I need to work out the laundry folding situation. I have three loads from yesterday just waiting to be folded. Too bad I seem to get tired of looking at it before he does.

Allison said...

Happy Birthday (a day early). Maybe you need a double celebration (double cake, double gifts...)to catch up with the age your wife posted.:)

Diane said...

Cute! I think that is the first time I've seen the engagement moment. I think you have a great husband also. (So do I!)

Becky said...

So fun. I think I might tag myself with this one.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...