
So, I was getting Lucky down from dinner tonight and realized I had not changed his diaper all day -- and I mean ALL day. Daddy got him dressed this morning so I didn't even put the first one on.
This is not the first time this has happened. There have been many days in my six and half years with at least one child in diapers (ugh, that is horrible to think about) that I have not changed a diaper until there was a stench in the house that was screaming, "YOUR BABY NEEDS CHANGING!!!"
Just a couple of weeks ago I was putting Lucky in the car and noticed that he was a little soggy. I totally forgot about it until later when he kind of whimpered and walked up to me and I noticed he had wet himself. He looked like my 3 year old after an accident. I thought that his diaper had been on so long that it had leaked. Daddy got ready to change the diaper and as he started to pull off Lucky's pants he said, "What in the world?" I looked over and saw Lucky's diaper was hanging out of his pant leg! Oops! Poor baby was probably wondering what was going on when he started to pee and there was nothing there to catch it.
You would think I would have learned from that and he would never have saggy pants again. Yeah, well...
Tell me I am not the only one that does this. I am looking for some reassurance here, so if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all!




8 comments:
I have done it multiple times, too (and Shaun gets mad at me). And, when I told Sarah the pant leg story, she said that happened to Addie once. You're not the only one, but it's still nasty!
I love the curls in his hair. He looks like he was not harmed by the soggy diaper incident. Life does get busy and crazy trying to keep up with little ones.
There's a reason they put weight recommendations on the diaper packages--they really won't hold more than that. Try bigger diapers with duct tape leak guards.
I do it pretty often. More often than I care to admit either. It just doesn't catch that much attention till it REALLY stinks.
I haven't laughed this hard while reading a blog in a while.
Thanks for sharing.
We love you.
Oh-noticing your comment on Michal's blog...if you're doing 4, aren't you about up? lol :-)
I won't say a word ;)
my laziness and easy distractibility are the reasons that i buy the premium pampers. sure, they cost a little more. but if my baby wears the same one all day, it doesn't matter. i'm afraid that i only change a diaper when they are stinky, just before bed, or first thing in the morning (ish)--sometimes it may take an hour or two!
i'm sure that lucky will not need counseling later in life because of his saggy soggy diapers!
Michal-
I too buy the premium diapers. I consider myself a 'diaper snob'. The only reason Lucky's diaper fell out of his pant leg was because I was not careful enough about securing one of the tabs that day.
Post a Comment