K put his own shirt on this morning. He did a really great job, but it was on in-side-out. I told him how proud I was of him for putting his own shirt on without any help (he does it sometimes but he usually says he can't do it and wants help). Then, after lots of praise I convinced him that he needed an undershirt on so that I could take the shirt off and get it back on correctly without making him feel like he had done anything wrong. I love this silly boy!Okay, now on to something I have been trying for a while to find the time to blog about. I am sure you have noticed that I do not use my children's real names in my blog (gotta protect the innocent). Well, I like the names Little L and Big L but I have never liked using K for my middle child. I just could not think of anything better. For some reason I don't like the name Middle K, so I do not know what else to do.
I am really hoping that you all can help me out with this. If you can think of a fun name to call K instead of K please post a comment with your made up name. The creator of the winning name will win something wonderful. I don't know what it will be, it depends on what the winner thinks is wonderful! So, put on your thinking caps and either post a comment or send me an email.
While we are on the subject I just wanted to add that if you happen to use our real names in a comment I will not publish it, this does not mean that I did not appreciate the comment, I just want to keep that private. :) Oh, and if you happen to have a link from your blog to mine (I love that people do that) please list it as ScrapChairPotato, not my real name. Thanks!
(Revision--If you have a good idea for all three of the children then please submit that, it does not have to only be K that you rename)




7 comments:
I think you should call him "Special K", although in several years he may happen to read your blog and be offended... or he could think he was your favorite :)
Or that you had a weird obsession with the cereal.
how about the K-man,the K-mister, K-arrooney, makin' copies, K-amma-lamma ding-dong, K-aaayyy,
(I hope you've seen enough SNL to know that skit)
Special K isn't bad, but I agree with Mrs. Morty that in a few years he may wonder about your inferences. Although I do love that cereal...
Right now my vote is SuperK, but I haven't thought enough yet. We'll see what I can think of...
Jennica thinks little D, cuz he's named after grandpa in his middle name, so that makes him little D. I think it could work.
I forgot to mention that Special K is another one that I do not like. You see, that is the name my brother and his friends used to call a VERY strange man in our ward growing up (his last name was Kay).
I was thinking that if anyone thought of new names for everyone that worked together then that would be fine too.
Ahh..three new names. Now the contest begins. Let me be the first to suggest Larry, Joe, and Curly.
You can use Buster in honor of the old silent film actor, but most people won't get the reference. Big L should always be Monkey, and I still like Hot Rod for Little L.
Okay, my next best idea is O.P. for Optimus Prime for the oldest and some other initials of auto-bots for the other two. (It's too bad that I haven't been there in a while or Big L could've help me be up on my Transformer stuff.)
But, Scott has a better idea...The Three Amigos...Ned Neederlander, Dusty Bottoms, and Lucky Day. Ned, Dusty, and Lucky for short. I actually really like the idea! It's cute and different, and they are such cute little amigos. And really, isn't Dusty Bottoms (or hands, or feet, or face, or hair..or whatever mess he's in lately) a great name for K?!
Also, love the new countdown calendar. Sometime, could you post it in a post so when I click on it it will get big? Maybe when it has more numbers on it. Well done, you smartie!!
How funny that someone would suggest Little D because I almost used the nickname Big D for his granfather in my last comment.
How about Krazy K??? Kind of like his uncle with the same middle name (it just dawned on me) whom I guess would become Middle D. That is hard on the ears of music lovers...
I wish your brothers would read your blogs.
Post a Comment