Monday, October 15, 2007

I love these boys

This is what being a stay at home mom is all about. I love watching these boys throughout the day. They are so funny, cute, smart, talented, and naughty in their own special ways.

Big L has been playing around with these balloons since I taught K's Alphabet Club school on Wednesday for 'Letter B' day. Yesterday he asked if he could write on the balloons like I had written on them for school. I said it was fine as long as he was very careful with the sharpie marker he would be using. He was so excited, on one balloon he wrote his and his brothers' names and initials, on the other he decided to draw a person. He said it looked like Little L: a big head and a little body. :) I love all of the detail.





Today I decided to pack a lunch for K in a lunch box like Big L. K wants to do all the big boy things that his brother is doing. When I gave him the lunchbox he asked, "What is this?" I just told him to open it at the table. He was so surprised, and excited. I wish that I had pulled the camera out as soon as he opened it. His face is a little blurry in the picture that I chose but it was the only one that even got close to showing how much his face lit up when he saw it. (All of this and he still would not eat his PB&J, I cannot get this kid to eat a sandwich.)




Little L has an obsession. He loves to eat the erasers on pencils. If his big brothers leave a pencil out (this happens quite often) he will find it and the eraser will not survive. We were shopping at Target the other day and I found a huge pencil, it was about 18 inches long. I decided to hand it to Little L, point first, to see what he would do. It took about half a second for him to figure out what he had in his hand and to turn it around to bite off the eraser. Luckily I got it away before I had to pay for an enormous pencil with no eraser. The older boys thought it was pretty hilarious. This picture is not particularly adorable, but it shows him in the act. If I am around he always gives me the 'I know I will be in trouble, so I will watch you to see how long I can get away with this' look.

I really do love these boys and I am so glad to be the one that gets to be home to experience all of the wonderful things that make each of them unique. I am also VERY grateful to have a husband that would not have it any other way. Honey, I love you!!

5 comments:

david mcmahon said...

Came here from Michal's blog,

I am a father of three and I reckon that is serious balloon art talent.

As a photographer, I really enjoyed your shot of the pencils too - you have a great eye for composition.

Emily said...

How fun it is to watch kids play (and fight) all day! Especially when they are as cute as yours are. I wish I could watch them, too!

Michal said...

that pencil shot was great. i can't believe how big your boys are and how far away we are from you. i'm so glad you're blogging so i can feel a little nearer.

TheQueen@TerrorsInTiaras said...

I agree, there is nothing better than being home with your kiddos. I miss them now that they are gone for hours :( You might need to remind me of this in August though!

Anonymous said...

I believe Little L may have inherited the eraser removal habit from his uncle Nathan.
Miss all of you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...