Wednesday, October 24, 2007

D is for Doughnut

Today K's Alphabet club learned about letter D. We went to Krispy Kream for a guided tour. We (6 moms, 6 Alphabet club kids and 4 tag-along younger siblings) arrived at 9:30 am. The store was not ready for us, but the kids were all ready to have some fun. All of the children ran around yelling and playing, they were already having a blast and they had no idea what was to come.While waiting some of us got a free doughnut. Did you know if the "Hot Now" light is on they give you a free doughnut? Anyway, it was fun because K was able to have a taste of the doughnuts we would be learning about.We finally were invited to step behind the counter (this baffles me that they still do this, what about the liabilities?). We walked past the big conveyor belt, festively decorated doughnuts, and over a slippery, grease covered floor to the back of the store to where it all begins. The children were able to touch the dough before and after rising. They watched the dough cook and then the doughnuts bathe in a waterfall of icing. I think Little L cared more about what our tour guide had to say than any of the Alphabet club children. Either that or he was so tired he was just could not help but stare in that direction for a very long time. Then began the really fun part for the kids, they got to decorate their very own doughnut. An employee dipped the doughnut in chocolate and then the kids got to dip them in sprinkles. I think that K was most excited about the fact that he got to put his doughnut in its very own bag. We went back out to the tables and they got little sacks full of two more doughnuts, a hat and a sicker book. The last two pictures were when I asked K to show me his messy hands, he is so silly. All of the kids seemed to have a great time and they were so very cute. I would love to show you pictures of all of them but I would not do that without permission from all of parents, so you only get to see my kids. :)

2 comments:

Kirstyn said...

How fun. What a good pre, pre-k day planner you are. I want to go. do you think they would let me take Conner on a tour?

Scrappy said...

Kirstyn,
Sarah planned this week. I am going to call to see how big of a group you need to have in order to get a tour. We will probably go as a family and the Mortys will be going with us, I will let you know if/when we go and you all can come too. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...