This is me today. 22 weeks pregnant.
Why is it that we have to get bigger in the front AND the back?
I had my 22 week appointment today. My doctor told me I need to have another ultrasound. A level 2 ultrasound at a different office because they found a cyst in the baby's brain. I don't remember what she called it so I can't Google it (thank goodness, I think I might freak myself out by doing so) to see how common it is. My doctor told me not to worry at this point, so I am not. She said that if we find on the ultrasound that it has started to fill with fluid then we will talk at that point about what is going on. Really, I am not too worried, but prayers would be appreciated. I will let you know what happens at the ultrasound. I do not have an appointment yet but it should be in the next couple of weeks.
I love this boy! He makes me smile. :)






16 comments:
Just for a little bit of potential relaxation, there are two ladies that I work with that have had this same issue come up. I haven't heard of it before, but both of their babies were okay, and their doctors made it sound like it happens more than people think. I hope all goes well with your next appointment. You'll be in our prayers!
When I was pregnant with Taylor I had to have a follow up ultra sound because he had a cyst on his brain. Our doctor said it is more common than you think! By the next ultrasound it was gone! We will pray for you! Good luck!
Remind me to tell you the story of Beckett's ultrasound and the heart issues and how it turned out to be a blessing and probably saved his life.....
You are so beautiful!!!! We will def have you and your sweet baby in our prayers!
And what I meant to add....is that those extra ultrasounds can be really great to have! I know several people who have had similar things and by the next ultrasound they are gone!
So, I did google it (even thought I said I wouldn't), and I'm convinced we don't have to worry anymore. Not that I won't still be praying my guts out or anything...:)
Cute pictures. Both of them. Does it totally freak you out that from the neck down you remind me of mom pregnant? She was cute pregnant, though, so that's okay. (Wonder if you could find an orange dress to wear for Halloween. Do you remember her orange maternity dress, or were you too young?)
(Sorry about the novel-length comment.)
What a cute picture! Who took it!?! You look adorable!!
(and we'll keep you in our prayers)
I will keep you in my prayers! Keep us updated! I am sure everything will be fine!
What a beautiful pregnant woman! You are so funny not taking pictures... you look amazing! And we will keep little Buttercup in our prayers!
Wow, I had never heard of that but great to see how many commenters have had the same and it was all okay. I'm past the "birthing" age but my daughter is 12 weeks along. Just too exciting! Here's wishing you all the best.
aaaaaaooooooooooggggaaaaaaa!!!
Owe-ow!
Hummina-hummina!!!!
Somone get me my 3-D glasses 'cause I want to see ALL of you!
No matter what that baby girl is going to be AWESOME!
The reason you grow in the back as well as the front is so you won't tip over ;>).
I think you look super cute in your picture! I love it! And yes, we will be praying for you guys! Seeing specialists is awesome!! I love it!
you look great!! I am so excited you guys are having a baby girl.
oh, scrappy, i hope you are doing okay with the whole not obsessing thing. we will keep you in our prayers and think about all these nice friends who know said it's not a big deal.
btw, i think you should embrace the beautiful pregnant you. what's harder to love is the flab that remains when the baby is three months old (or two years old). and i'm talking about my own flab, not yours!:)
Post a Comment