Last Thursday night Grandma and Grandpa came to visit, along with our long time family friends, the Andersons. Friday was Ned's 8th birthday and on Saturday he was baptized.
It was a very nice day on Saturday, which was great because we thought it would be a very stormy day. We spent most of the day relaxing and making the Raspberry Cake that was served after the baptism.
I ran around the house getting the boys their clothes and I could not find Ned's belt that I had bought him specifically for the day. I was gathering other things that we needed for the baptism (towels, extra underclothing, etc.) and when I walked past a place that I thought the belt might be I would check. As I scurried around I said a quick little prayer asking Heavenly Father to help me find the belt, despite the horribly disorganized state of my home. I felt like a chicken with it's head cut off, just running around without a purpose.
At one point I ended up in the computer room where Dusty and Lucky were playing. I stood there for a moment before I thought, What in the world am I doing in here? Then I turned to leave and for some reason (it was as if it was habit, I didn't even mean to do it) I opened the office closet door, and there it was, the belt was on the floor. Random place for it.
When I gave it to Ned he said, "Heavenly Father helped you find it because he knew it was my big day." I love that boy. He is already so faithful and really knows that Heavenly Father loves him and wants him to be happy. When the bishop asked him why we should be baptized he answered, "To follow Heavenly Father's plan for us."
The baptism was nice. My parents spoke to Ned about baptism and The Holy Ghost. There were lots and lots of children there, I loved that. The water was freezing because they had had a baptism that morning and did not want to refill the font. El Guapo tried to top it off with hot water but that did not work out too well. When Ned was baptized he was so cold. He gasped for air, the cold water really took his breath away. I thought for sure that he was going to complain about that forever but El Guapo said that the first thing he said when they got in the dressing room was, "FINALLY! I'm baptized!" :)
Later that night, while in the car with me he said, "I sure am thankful that we are able to get baptized!" He had a great day!
Thank you so much, to all of you that were there and helped out. We love you and feel very blessed to have you in our lives. Thank you for showing your love for Ned on his special day.
Here are our favorite pictures (taken by Cara, THANK YOU!!!) from the day.



I found this white vest and suit coat in the baptismal closet and Ned really wanted to wear it. I thought he looked quite handsome in it. :)
P.S. I know I need to change my header. I am easing back into blogging.... baby steps.










10 comments:
Thanks for posting these great family pictures. I am so glad you had such a special day.
So sorry we couldn't make it. He looks so handsome and all grown up. Can it be that we haven't seen you since Alli got married? Crazy.
Congratulations Ned. Way to set a good example for your older brothers.
We love you!
Love the gorgeous pics! And his vest is so cute. :)
The pictures are SO great. Congratulations to Ned.
Oh what GREAT pictures! I'm sorry that Sterling and I missed his baptism...I've always been impressed with Ned's personality and maturity and know it was a very special day for all of you!
What a precious day!!!
I've been meaning to tell you these pictures turned out great and so did the baptism. Your little boy it so grown up!
He looks so handsome! I am still so sad we didn't get to come! I was looking forward to it so much! You should have postponed it for us! ;) Just teasing. Anyway, you are so lucky to have such an awesome son!
I wish we could have been there! We miss you all and are so proud of Ned. And GREAT pictures.
what a special day and such gorgeous pictures. you need to frame a few of those, especially the last one.
Post a Comment