Monday, December 1, 2008

Top That!

I am not a lover of competition, well unless I am the one winning. My husband and my best friend have started a competition that I am falling in love with because I am always the winner!


Last year Mrs. Morty made me a quilt for Christmas. This was not just any quilt. For years I saved Levi's because I was "going to make a quilt with them." It never happened. I always wanted one because they are nice and heavy. I love heavy blankets. I am NOT a seamstress and even if I was I am not the type to finish something that I started. Well, Mrs. Morty is both. She can sew and once she puts her mind to something she does it.


When I started to open my gift last year I wondered what in the world she would have bought me that would fit into such a large box. I started to cry the moment I opened the box. I could not even call her to tell her how much I loved it because I was too weepy and knew I would feel silly for crying about her gift. This is the quilt...






I love it! I just could not believe she had remembered how much I wanted one and that she took so much time to make one for me.


So this year El Guapo has been trying to decide what to get me to top Mrs. Morty's gift. I think he wants to make me cry. His family does the same thing for their mom. Everyone wants to be the one that makes Mom cry. I heard there were a couple of them that accomplished it last year. Lucky lady!


I have no idea what El Guapo has planned for me this year. He gave me a Wii Fit for my birthday (Yay!) and he says he is working on something for Christmas... I can't wait to see what he has planned.

For my birthday/Christmas gift Mrs. Morty gave me this...




















Yet again, she put so much thought and time into my gift. Isn't it gorgeous? I love it so much. Unless you are a scrapbooker you have no idea how much time this took. I am so touched.


She even made me my birthday cake.


Thank you, Mrs. Morty. You are the best!



Man, I love this game. Keep it up you two. I could get used to this!

10 comments:

Family said...

I love it!! What a great friend you deserve it!!

Kat said...

Wow! What a lucky lady you are! :)

TheSweetMom said...

She's too sweet! You guys are lucky to have each other for friends! The quilt and Christmas story are amazing!

Jennifer Brammer said...

She really is a good friend! That is so awesome!

McD said...

yo! Where is the equal representation? I don't see any pictures of the Wii Fit! I did a lot of work and disappointed so many customers by buying the only one I have ever seen come into my store, and that is the thanks I get? Down with Mrs. Morty!

Stephanie said...

You have an awesome friend. That would be me if I woke up one day and found out my friend did the laundry. (tears, more tears) Feel free to forward this to Matt in case he's looking for some Christmas ideas. :)

TheQueen@TerrorsInTiaras said...

Your hair is getting long--it looks cute. I want that cake. I wish I lived by you and could make it for you---or Mrs. Morty could make me one too, or something.

Tam said...

Came over from Kats blog. HI and LOVE LOVE THE QUILT. I do scrapbook and YES that took a great amount of TIME! Great Great Gift!

Michal said...

what an amazing gift--both of them. sorry, mcd, but the gifts that take a lot of time to create are always better than the ones that cost a lot of money!:) just a hint in case you are still unsure about what to get your honey--you'd better get to work!

i want to know what's in that cake?

Kent and Wendy said...

Hey - what a great friend you have! She's a great DIL too!
See you in March when the new baby Morty comes.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...