
He was born when I was 7 and if you have ever seen a seven year old girl with a baby, you know that they LOVE babies. I remember going to see him at the hospital. I can vividly remember seeing veins through his scalp and thinking that it was so gross, I did not want to touch him. :)
I did not remember him being a fussy baby (apparently he was, my dad would walk with him half the night, after my mom had done it the first half) but I do remember that there were times that I could get him to calm down when my mom could not. I remember rocking him in the rocking chair, I loved him so much, and I think he loved me too.
I have called him "Bud" since I can remember. I was the oldest one home when he cracked his head open, twice! A while after I had left home he called me and said, "You weren't here!" I said, "What?" He said, "I cracked my head open today, and you weren't here to help me." I actually got a little teary eyed when he said that.
He has always been so adventurous, Dusty reminds me of him all the time. He looks and acts like him so much. (A little side note--my grandma always said that Nathan looked most like my dad, and Dusty looks so much like Nathan. Nathan and Dusty have my dad's first name as their middle name, so they all share their looks, and a name. I think that is kinda cool!)
When he was still in high school I loved to take him to lunch when I came home for a visit from college, even though I could hardly afford it. I always wanted him to know how special he was to me.
He is all grown up and married now. He grew up so fast after first meeting his wife. It is one of those relationships that you know they were really meant to be together. I love seeing them so in love. I think they will always have fun together and love being around one another. I wish I lived near them so I could get to know his adorable wife better. I miss him, and he will always be my Bud!

Happy birthday, Bud, I love you. I hope you have a great day!




6 comments:
Happy birthday, Bud
Love the bangs!(sorry I couldn't help but notice!) That is sweet that you have such fond memories of being the big sister, it was good practice for you, because you are such a sweet Mommy!
Cara, I almost mentioned something about the bangs...I'm glad you did. Pretty awesome, huh? :)
I thought I commented yesterday.
I love the head injury story. Happy birthday, Nate!
That was such a sweet post about your brother--what a lucky guy he is!
liz
I was just a little older when my baby brother was born. I understand your feelings exactly. How nice that you have such a great relationship. Just proof that "families are forever"
Don't worry about the bangs. I think they are coming back! Ü
Post a Comment