Friday, January 11, 2008

5 ways to keep your sanity

Having 3 sick kids at once could make any mom go crazy. I am a worrier, and my kids all had high fevers for several days. I am constantly worried about febrile seizure. I know, not likely, but it is still a very real fear of mine. So, with all of the children on different ibuprofen/Tylenol schedules I was up several times each night forcing medicine down my children's throats. Never mind the fact that during the day there was a constant whine from one child or another.
Well, today I had had enough! I seriously thought I might go crazy. Thank goodness my hubby decided not to go in to work until 5:00pm or I might really be in the loony bin right now. Speaking of my hubby, the poor guy has had no sympathy from me the last few days, even though he has been working through a pretty nasty flu. I guess I used it all up on the boys. Sorry, honey!
So 4:30 came around and Daddy had to leave for work, and I was stuck in the house, by myself, with three little children that were all starting to feel good enough to be acting like little boys do, but not all of them were well enough to be going anywhere. Another day stuck in the house. What is a mommy to do? How can she stay sane?
Well, this is what I did:
1- Look online for ideas to use up all the energy the kids have from late naps.
I tried to find an exercise video that they could do while watching it on the computer. I did not find one. So I just decided to be the instructor myself. I had them pretend to climb a rope, build a snowman, and pop like popcorn, etc.
2- Make noodle art. I could not get any more creative without making a really huge mess that I would have to clean up.

3- Give them a snack. That will keep their mouths shut for a little while! Besides, they could really use the extra vitamin C.
I could not believe how much Lucky loved the oranges. He wanted more, so he decide to steal from his brother.


4- Put the kids to bed. Ok, that was a given.
5- Do something for yourself. I decided to make a nice potpourri pot with the orange peels, some cinnamon, and vanilla.
So, I am sitting, enjoying the yummy smell and blogging, yet again (I guess I don't have much else to do when I can't leave the house).

Aaaah, much better. Now, any ideas on what to do tomorrow??

7 comments:

Emily said...

How 'Martha Stewart' of you to make that potpourri pot. I wish I could smell it. Those are some of my favorite fragrances. Sounds like a crazy day!

Liz said...

What fun ideas you have--can I be one of your kids?

liz

boys in the hood said...

You are so creative, I don't think I would of had the patience to do all that!

Emily said...

I just realized, and had to point out, that in your house it's Mommy who's never in any pictures, while in mine, it's Daddy. We spouses need to do something about that. We want to remember you, too!

Kendra said...

This is Cara's sister! I got your comment, and thanks, I kinda think my baby is adorable also. I went to GV High School from 1998-2001. My brother went in from 93-94 and my other brother was there from 95-98. One of my best friends graduated from basic in 99 though. What a small world it is that you are from Henderson. Nice to meet you and I hope your kids are feeling better!

Erika said...

I LOVE IT!!! I'm definitely calling you in the future for ideas. Although my sweet Scotty will never get like that...right? :-)

Michal said...

are you sane yet? it's been too long since you posted. don't mean to nag, but: nag, nag, nag. i miss you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...